I had to replace the front disc as it was worn down past it's indicator, originally I wanted to do a front end swap but I couldn't really justify the price at this stage as it would have cost over half the price of the original bike. I settled in getting a new disc and pads up front.
I wanted to reuse most of the parts of the bike so I kept the original dials and relocated the ignition and tach to the sides to have a single dial up front. I installed some tiny LEDS into a fibreglassed dash to act as the warning lights for the oil / indicators / high beam and neutral.
|Tiny LEDS into a fibreglassed dash|
|Reuse of the old dials. Had to replace the blown dash bulbs and extend the wiring|
I shortened the tail section by about 3 inches and closed it off with a loop and installed a bobbed fender to hold the tiny LED taillight.
|Shorted tail section and fender install|
|CNC'd mini taillight|
I also made a start on the tank paint after a couple of failed attempts which ended up with the paint lifting after being too eager to get things done.